Tuesday, February 2, 2010

electra

I am very excited to be working with Electra. As many horses are, she simply keeps improving every single day. To ride a horse so light and so responsive is nothing but sheer pleasure for me. She is a horse that refuses to be made to do things, but if you simply set things up for her she will figure them out all on her own, it is up to me to get out of her way. She has quite a tenacious attitude that I simply ignore most of the time. When that attitude is put to work she is absolutely unstoppable. She is at a point right now where she is loping beautiful circles I am working there on speeding them up and slowing them down as slow as she will go and still maintain a lope she is catching on, most of this comes from my seat and I need to be very precise with myself. She will turn around one good turn as of today but it is slow I don't expect much of this right now as she is still figuring out where to put her feet, the speed will come and so will multiple turns. She is doing great simple lead changes when asked and seems to get the concept I anticipate soon she will be doing flying lead changes, but as for right now I don't want to push her too hard as everything up to this point is coming so easily for her. She will roll back better to the right than the left but I don't force this either I am simply setting her up and letting her get more comfortable with that direction. I can't begin to express my excitement about this mare in the upcoming months, so far she is a true gem. Thanks For checking in, God Bless, BW

No comments:

Post a Comment